Our heavily decentralised approach gives our individual regions, departments and assets greater responsibility and accountability for our activities on the ground.
They use their local knowledge and input from local stakeholders to create individual initiatives and programmes that tackle the specific challenges of their host communities and regions.
This means we have numerous examples of sustainability initiatives from around the world; you can read more about them by selecting from the options below.
- Employment and training of indigenous people at McArthur River Mine
- Apprenticeship programme at Koniambo nickel project, New Caledonia
- Reducing evaporative losses at Lomas Bayas
- Preserving biodiversity in New Caledonia
- Economic empowerment through the Mining Supplier Park project in South Africa
- Rehabilitation in Murdochville, Canada