Our heavily decentralised approach gives our individual regions, departments and assets greater responsibility and accountability for our activities on the ground.
They use their local knowledge and input from local stakeholders to create individual initiatives and programmes that tackle the specific challenges of their host communities and regions.
This means we have numerous examples of sustainability initiatives from around the world; you can read more about them by selecting from the options below.
- First-of-its-kind training facility
- Building a safety culture during construction
- Investing in local training and employment
- Rehabilitation activities in South Africa
- Responding to stakeholder needs
- Jachucoposa Spring recovery
- Establishing the International Energy Centre
- Tackling unemployment in southern Peru
- Enhancing opportunities in South America
- Addressing HIV and AIDS in South Africa