2018 Financial Results
| Date: 20/02/2019
Today, we announced our financial results for 2018, reporting record adjusted EBITDA and returns to shareholders. Watch the highlights.
We are pleased to report that we have delivered both record earnings and significant cash returns to shareholders in 2018. Our commodity portfolio and its key role in enabling the energy and mobility transition for a low-carbon economy enables us to look ahead with confidence, remaining focussed on creating sustainable long-term value for all our shareholders.
- Record adjusted EBITDA of $15.8 billion – up 8% on 2017
- 2018 announced returns to shareholders total $5.2 billion
- For 2019, we’re recommending 20c/share distribution, totalling $2.8 billion, supplemented by a new $2 billion buyback programme
- Net income pre-exceptional items of $5.8 billion, up 5%
- Net debt is $14.7 billion, up $4.5 billion, following $3.9 billion of M&A and $4.9 billion of shareholder returns, within $10-$16 billion target range
- We are also announcing our intention to further our commitment to the transition to a low-carbon economy, limiting our coal production to broadly current levels