World Health Day 2020
| Date: 07/04/2020
This World Health Day, all of us at Glencore want to thank the incredible medical professionals and front line workers around the world for all of their efforts in combatting COVID-19.
Thank you from Glencore!
From the nurses, doctors and care workers who continue to put their own health at risk to treat and care for patients, to those who work at our community hospitals and medical facilities at our own operations; we are grateful every day for your efforts to keep us safe and well.
Ensuring the health of our people
We continue to be guided by expert medical advice and have introduced a number of precautionary measures across our offices and industrial assets in response to COVID-19.
- Systematically identifying higher risk groups and taking the appropriate steps to protect them, as necessary.
- Asking anyone who works for us to stay at home if they feel unwell and to seek medical advice.
- Implementation of enhanced hygiene and cleaning measures.
- Introduction of temperature screening, where appropriate.
- Restrictions on non-essential visits to offices and assets.
- Restrictions on all non-essential travel.
- A Health Advisory channel for our people to seek advice and support.
We will continue to assess the situation at each of our locations and to achieve our goal to operate only when we can keep our people safe and healthy, while safeguarding jobs and providing support to our local communities.
Thank you again to all of the medical professionals and frontline workers, as well as our colleagues, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders for their support during this challenging time.