Our business model
As a global producer and marketer of commodities, we are uniquely diversified by geography, products and activities. Integrating our marketing and industrial business sets us apart from our competitors to create a unique culture and helps us generate value.
Reflecting our Purpose to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life, our ongoing responsibility is to not only deliver financial performance but also make a positive contribution to society and create lasting benefits for stakeholders in a manner that is responsible, transparent and respectful to the rights of all.
Our strategy is focussed on three pillars:
- Be a leader in enabling decarbonisation of global energy demand
- Help meet continued demand for metals needed in everyday life
- Responsibly meet the energy needs of today
- Integrity, responsibility and Safety are our core values that are embedded in everything we do
- We are committed to operating ethically, responsibly, and to contributing to socio-economic development in countries where we operate
- We will continue to focus on reducing the carbon footprint of our operations
- We will prioritise investment in metals that support the transition
- Reduce our coal production in line with the electrification and decarbonisation of global energy systems
- The world needs a reliable source of strategic commodities
- We will seek opportunities to increase the proportion of green metals we can supply to customers
- We will participate in global efforts to improve abatement technologies and availability